Saturday, April 27, 2013

Rally to the Rescue

Last Saturday I was at the Rally to the Rescue event at the Midway Mall. It was a pet adoption and there were lots of dogs who needed good homes. The nice people at WOBL/WDLW and Leadership Lorain County worked hard to make the event.

I was there from about 10 am to noon greeting folks who wanted to learn more about greyhounds. There were also some people who heard about my Five Roos blog and who wanted to meet me. I was glad to make their acquaintance.

My Mom and Dad were on the radio talking about my Five Roos blog, about Erie Shore Greyhound Adoption of Ohio and all about the greyhound breed. They told folks how I started my blog and that it is fun and silly. Dad also said that my blog tells folks what good pets us greyhounds make and why we roo.

The man in the radio asked Dad to say what a roo sounded like, and Dad did a terrible couple of roos. I was so embarrassed, he didn’t do it right. The man in the radio should have asked me to roo for him. I am a good rooer!

The Rally to the Rescue also has a Facebook page. I looked on the Facebook and guess whose picture is there? Yep, a nice lady took my picture and put it on the Facebook. I hope people will “like” it.

I had a fun day and I am always happy when dogs get adopted. I give it 3.5 roos.

No comments:

Post a Comment