Friday, January 11, 2013

So much for resolutions

Well it took no time at all for me to break New Year resolution number one. Dad went out to feed the birds and took out a couple slices of old bread. I wanted some of the bread and Dad gave me and Petey a half of slice each. I ate mine right away, but Petey left his on the ground cause he did not want it yet. I thought he didn’t want it at all and I tried to take it. Right then and there, me and Petey had a demonstrated disagreement about the ownership of the bread and started wrestling with each other.

Dad was on the other side of the fence giving the rest of the bread to the birds. When he heard us, he came running. He was not happy with our behavior and we both got a good talkin’ to. We stopped right away, and I went right into the house but Dad was still upset. He said it was my fault, and that I shouldn’t try to take Petey’s food until Petey says it’s okay—and, Dad said, it’s probably never okay because Petey likes food as much as I do.

Dad was disappointed in me. He made me and Petey shake paws and be friends again. We didn’t hurt each other, we were boys being boys, but it scared Dad anyways. When we came in we didn’t get no treats. We’re not supposed to be wrestling with each other.

I owe my friend Petey an apology. No roos.

No comments:

Post a Comment