Saturday, March 2, 2013

Hope springs eternal

Me and Mom and Dad are about tired of winter. We want it to be spring as soon as possible. We’ve been gloomy and spring makes everyone happy.

My Dad has had a rough winter lately and has been pretty depressed. First he hurt his leg, then he was sad for a few days. Then when he wasn’t sad no more, his foot started to hurt and then his other foot hurt too. And then when he was better from that, he got sick.

He said he can’t catch “a break.” He said people who work hard and do nice things are supposed to have good things happen to them. But sometimes that doesn’t always happen. He said you just have to keep trying and never give up. Mom gives Dad support and tells him to keep his chin up.

I told Dad I’d help him too. I said just tell me what “a break” looks like and I’ll catch him. I’m fast, probably faster than “a break.” How fast can “a break” be anyways? I’ll go get him for my Dad and then he’ll be happy. Dad said breaks are fleeting and hard to catch, even if you see one.

Maybe good things will start happening in the spring and it’ll make everyone happy. Maybe if we all roo real loud, Mother Nature will hear us and make spring come sooner. Let’s give 5 roos for spring.

1 comment:

  1. Sky, tell your Dad that good things come to those who wait. And, if that doesn't work, tell him Hope springs eternal. Sometimes, we humans have to struggle to learn something about ourselves.

    ReplyDelete