Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Special Treats



Petey is getting older and his legs hurt sometimes. The vet said he has arthritis and gave him some special medicine. Mom and Dad also bought him special treats; they’re supposed to help his joints. When we’re good boys and get treats, I get a normal treat and Petey gets a special treat.

Well I decided I wanted some special treats too! I have joints. So when Mom and Dad weren’t looking I got on the counter and opened the box of treats and ate some! I thought I was being sneaky cause I didn’t pull the container down, I just put my nose in there and started eating them.

But Dad came in the kitchen and figured out what I had done. He knew many of the treats were gone and he knows Petey can’t reach that high. I am a big dog and that gave me away. I tried telling Dad that I got them down for Petey, cause he was sore, but that didn’t fool Dad—he knew I ate them. Dad called Mom to find out how many I ate to make sure I didn’t get sick. I am not supposed to eat stuff off the counter without asking. Mom and Dad decided to keep the special treats in the cupboard so I can’t get them anymore.

I shouldn’t eat Petey’s special treats off the counter, that’s not very nice and I won’t do it again. But they were good, 2 roos.

No comments:

Post a Comment