Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Doing an "S"

The other day Dad was cutting the grass and I was outside spotting for him. I look for things in the yard that he shouldn’t run over—like my toys! While I was on the lookout I saw a baby snake. I was so shocked; I never saw such a thing! I had to let Dad know this right away!

I probably would have been scared, but this was a small snake and he was anxious to get out of the yard. I watched him as he slithered away, doing his “S” to move real fast. He was scared of me, Dad and the lawn mower!

Snakes don’t have any legs like me, so I had to get on the computer and look up how they move on The Google. It’s pretty amazing they can move without legs by doing an “S.”

Dad told me that last year when he was jogging around the neighborhood he saw a baby snake in the road. It was trying to get out of the road, but no matter how hard he tried to do his “S” he couldn’t make it up the curb. Dad said he tried doing a fast “S” and a big “S” but neither worked. He was too small to get over the curb. Dad said he got a stick and helped the snake get out of the road.

Seeing a baby snake was pretty cool. I don’t know if I want to see a big snake; Dad says they can get pretty big! I give it 3.5 roos.

No comments:

Post a Comment