Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sharing the attention

I like attention, I admit it. I like meeting and greeting people, having my picture taken and being petted. Often, when Mom and Dad are paying attention to Petey, I get jealous and shove my way right in. I get in between them so that I can get the attention.

But Petey has been hurting lately. His little legs are bothering him and he gets medicine from the vet. Dad even has to give Petey a shot every Tuesday—something that neither Dad nor Petey looks much forward to. Because Petey is hurting, Mom and Dad are giving him lots of attention, and lots of love.

I think Petey needs lots of love right now, so I am trying to share the attention with him. I am being a nice boy and not shoving my way in.

I hope Petey gets better and the medicine works. He’s a bit of a blockhead, but he’s my friend. And, if he gets better, then I can go back to seeking all the attention.

Petey’s legs hurting are 0 roos, but the sharing the attention with my friend is worth 4 roos.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Petey is feeling better and not in so much pain.
    It's nice of you to share some attention Sky. You are a good
    Brother!
    Have Mom & Dad give Petey a kiss for me, and get one for yourself
    too... you deserve it <3

    ReplyDelete