Tuesday, January 21, 2014

You're it!

Hey, I learned this fun new game called “Tag”! Have you ever heard of it? Dad says it has been around for a long time; he played when he was a young boy.

So what happens is that I am just standing around, probably doing nothing, when Dad sneaks up on me and taps my backside and says, “Tag, you’re it.” After Dad says that, he goes running around the room. I want to say wait, “I’m not ‘it’, I am Sky”! But no time for debate, because the way the game goes, I have to run after Dad and “tag” him.

Dad’s already got a head start because he was playing before I even knew what was going on. He started running and his advantage is that he knows the lay of the land. But I have speed on my side and I use it to my advantage. Greyhounds are faster than Dads.

Mom likes when we play and she is always rooting for me. She says, “get him Sky, get him!" Sometimes Petey runs interference for me, trying to slow Dad down. Petey knows the faster I catch Dad, the sooner we get a treat.

We play in a circle and it’s important that I catch Dad fast because if he gets half way around the circle then he starts messing with me. He starts running one way and then when I start chasing that way, he runs the other way. Dad laughs because he thinks it’s funny that a fast greyhound can’t catch him. Dad thinks he is smart.

But I do catch him, I always catch him—even if I go the wrong way. I am too fast for Dad. And when I catch him, I let him have it. I jump on him real hard and then I start spinning in a circle. I might even roo sometimes.

It’s a fun game and I hope we play lots more time. I give it 3.5 roos!

1 comment:

  1. I can just see that. Very fun and funny to watch I am sure.

    ReplyDelete